Sunday, November 22, 2009

ain't a little bit funny how...

sitting here surfing the internets can make me feel like i'm not here at all. that is until
i hear people start shouting things that i don't understand at all.

30 dollars lasted me less than 8 hours in London and 40 has lasted me the last three days and will probably get me through tuesday

one moment i feel like i might vomit, the next like i might cry and the next completely happy and at peace

i finally figured out how to get to Mother House on my own today. yesterday i figured out the way home from Daya Dan. things are looking more and more familiar. i don't feel as overwhelmed anymore. my senses are still overloaded but less so. i moved into a single room today since Clara, my spanish friend from the airport, left last night for Sikkim (sp?) Spent the morning at Daya Dan doing laundry, playing with and feeding the children. its becoming more comfortable. we weren't ever given specific procedures for dealing with them so sometimes you just go by trial and error and thats a bit intimidating for me.
have i mentioned we drink chai all the time? cause we do and its so good!
met a couple that just came in from New York. i think i may have scared them with how much i talked. its just the times i actually get to speak with americans are so few and far between so when i get the chance i start to talk inccesantly. ha! well, my friends you must imagine that all i do is blog these days. its really isn't. it just gives me the chance to sit quietly and not have to think about anything. anyhow i'm off to decline marriage proposals, maybe eat a little curry and drink some more chai, maybe make a new friend or run into a 2-3-4 day old one.
love and miss you all!

ciao

No comments:

Post a Comment